The name ARCUS generates high expectations. It is linked inseparably with SWING and stands for a revolutionary paraglider design, which has given many thousands of paraglider pilots a safe and easy introduction into our captivating sport over a period of nearly 20 years.
The ARCUS RS, with its particular features and stylish appearance, joins this successful low-end B-tradition. Innovative and redesigned, it departs from the well-worn paths of paraglider development and provides completely new impetus for our sport.
The unique new partition system known as RAST now has additional valves, and the ARCUS RS is an impressive example of how it operates.
Launch becomes a completely stress-free experience – thanks to RAST!
The canopy initially inflates at the front along the leading edge, while the rear section of the canopy is still empty. This is characteristic of the RAST system and creates a self-stabilising, reflex-profile.
There are a number of advantages to this:
- The front part of the canopy fills very quickly, starting from the centre. This leads to the glider rising seamlessly and harmoniously without any tendency to overshoot.
- To date, there haven’t been any cases of our ARCUS RS test pilots being launched unintentionally, even in strong thermal conditions.
- The middle of the glider will not collapse even if the take-off run is very impulsive, as the entire front half of the glider promptly fills with air.
- Any tendency to overshoot is significantly diminished even in a tailwind. There’s no longer any need for pilots to run after the paraglider downhill. Instead they can take some time for a controlled launch.
The self-stabilising profile with RAST in the filling phase on launch. This gives the pilot safety and control even in difficult launch conditions!
RAST means that the ARCUS RS is pleasantly damped and extremely stable during flight
Typical for RAST is that, as weight loading increased, the operation of the multi-chamber system during flight intensified.
RAST effectively counters large-scale canopy deformation
f the pilot flies actively, then the pressure in the rear section can be increased again by braking, so that resistance increases further even against harmless collapses.
You will be impressed by the ARCUS RS’s precision and speed both in thermalling and on cross-country flights
The trailing edge of the ARCUS RS, stabilised with RAST, benefits the pilot in both thermalling and on cross-country flights:
- no loss of performance by setting up the trailing edge in rough thermals
- the response to brake input is precise and shows no delay
- total control and manoeuvrability in thermal updrafts
- markedly increasing control pressure before the stall point
- directional stability and efficiency of a level previously seen only in gliders with a higher classification and many cells or additional reinforcement
- above-average stability at maximum speed
And if you’re ever needing to get down more quickly than up...
…all of the usual rapid descent methods can be easily flown without high G-forces affecting the body in any way.
These features are all an invitation to experimentation and further development. Be inspired by a test flight on the ARCUS RS and experience the new RAST feeling!
Design and technical highlights of the ARCUS RS
- RAST with additional valve flaps for a uniquely soft yet stable feeling while flying in turbulence, outstanding launch features and unequalled stability if there are canopy problems
- triple 3D-shaping on top surface and 3D-shaping on bottom surface allow perfect control over tension and the profile
- mini-ribs on the trailing edge with internal seams and additional 3D-shaping
- high-quality lightweight construction with carefully selected combination of materials and elaborate design of internal ribs and cross-ports
- highest quality standards in manufacturing: the stitched-in V-ribs, for example, retain the shape of the valuable wing and ensure maximum service life
- optimised canopy tension
- latest calculation and simulation methods
- reefing brake at the trailing edge for agile handling with excellent turning properties
|* Musterprüfung in Arbeit
* homologation pending
|Take off weight (kg) min./max. inkl. Equipment||55-75*
Wing area (m²)
Wing area projected (m²)
Wing span (m)
Projected wing span (m)
Projected aspect ratio
Glider weight (kg)
Min. sink rate (m/s)
Trim speed (km/h)
Max speed (km/h)
Scope of delivery
- Swing ARCUS RS
- Sherpa Backpack
- Compression Strap
- Riser Bag
- Free*Spee Speedbar